Does .htpasswd prevent file monitoring?
A common security practice for Joomla web sites is to restrict access to the administrative area with a username and password on the /administrator/ folder.
An .htaccess file is used to indicate what user(s) can access this folder and its contents while the username/password combinations are stored in the .htpassd file.
Once the .htaccess/.htpasswd combination has been configured, all http and https requests (i.e. loading the folder in a web browser) will require credentials to proceed.
Watchful does not use http/https requests when monitoring files. Thus, Watchful is compatible with any .htaccess/.htpasswd restrictions you may have in place.
- Configuring remote backups with Akeeba Backup
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to backup a site in Watchful
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make add-on/extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client
- Managing admin access with Single Sign-on