Changing the Secret Key
The Watchful Secret Key is like a password. It is used to securely connect to your website and perform maintence, update and intstallation tasks.
Like any password, security best practices dictate that you change the Secret Key on a regular basis.
To change the secret for an existing site in your Watchful Dashboard, please update to the latest Watchful client and perform the following steps:
1. Login to the backend of your website and select watchfulli from the Components menu.
2. At the top-right, click the Options button to view the component parameters.
3. In the Watchful parameters, edit the Secret Key as desired and take note of the updated key.
4. Click the Save button at the top-left to confirm the change
5. In your Watchful Dashboard, locate the site in question and edit the details.
6. Enter the updated/new Secret Key from Step 3 and click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the screen.
- Configuring remote backups with Akeeba Backup
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to backup a site in Watchful
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make add-on/extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client
- Managing admin access with Single Sign-on