How do I whitelist the Watchful IP address?
If you are are experiencing connection or validation issues on numerous sites, particularly on the same server, the Watchful IP Address may be blocked/blacklisted.
To solve this problem, at the server level, you can contact your host and ask them to whitelist thefollowing IP Addresses:
If you are a developer you can GET our Watchful IP Addresses using the link below. This is useful for automating whitelisting on your server firewall or other tools requiring whitelisting:
Web Application Firewalls
Web Application Firewall(s) installed on your website is another location that may require Watchful IP whitelisting. The configuration screens for some common firewalls are shown below.
The Whitelisting options can be found in WordFence > Options > Other Options:
Akeeba Admin Tools Pro (Joomla)
The Whitelisting options can be found in Components > Admin Tools > Web Application Firewall > Configure Exceptions from Blocking tab:
RS Firewall (Joomla)
The Whitelisting options can be found in Components > RSFirewall > Blacklist/Whitelist:
OSE Anti-Hacker (Joomla)
The Whitelisting options can be found in Components > OSE Anti-Hacker > IP Management:
- Configuring remote backups for Joomla
- Configuring remote backups for WordPress
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to backup a site in Watchful
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make plugins and extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client