Monitoring sites behind a .htaccess / .htpasswd
Some people want to protect their Joomla web sites by restrict access to whole website with a username and password.
An .htaccess file is used to indicate what user(s) can access the site and its contents while the username/password combinations are stored in the .htpasswd file.
Once the .htaccess / .htpasswd combination has been configured, all http and https requests (i.e. loading the folder in a web browser) will require credentials to proceed.
Because of that watchful won't be able to access your website anymore.
To allow watchful to access your website you can use this:
Go to your watchful dashboard, find that website click on "Edit" button and inside "Site url" provide your .htpasswd user and password like this:
You can use http:// or https:// depending if you're using or not SSL on your website.
- Configuring remote backups with Akeeba Backup
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to backup a site in Watchful
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make add-on/extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client
- Managing admin access with Single Sign-on